Name of Post: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
Post Date / Update: 14 February 2023
Short Information: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023. To create the future of the Daughters of the country, several schemes are being run by the government of India. There is one such scheme, namely Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. By applying under this scheme, the beneficiary can invest for the education and marriage of the daughter, from which the beneficiary can get a lump sum amount in the provident fund. Today we are going to provide you all important information related to Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana through this article. What is the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme like? Its purpose, benefits, facilities, eligibility, important documents, application process etc. If you want to get all the important information related to Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 then you are requested to read this article till the end
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
Objective of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- The aim of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is to promote girls in the field of education and if they are eligible for marriage then there is no shortage of money.
- The poor people of the country can easily meet their daughter’s education and marriage expenses and their daughter’s account can be opened in the bank for a minimum of Rs 250. With this essy 2023, the girls of the country will be encouraged and enabled to move forward.
Changes made in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- According to this scheme, an individual has to deposit an amount of Rs 250 every year to apply to the scheme.
- If this amount is not credited by the beneficiary, it is considered a default account.
- If the account is not reactivated, the interest rate will be available until maturity. This is great news for account holders.
- As per the old rules, such default account holders used to receive interest at the rate applicable in the savings account of the post office.
- Now the interest rate on Post Office Savings Accounts has been reduced to 7.6% against the earlier 4%.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 Tax
- The Income Tax Act of India, 1961, Section 80C makes the amount of interest, money and maturity amount deposited in this scheme tax free. Exemptions have been provided by the government through this scheme, this exemption will include up to ₹150000 per annum.
This is the Rule for Three Daughters Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- Currently, according to the SSY rules, investments in the SSY account must begin immediately after the birth of a daughter. You can open it to only a few girls in the family.
- But if you have twin daughters at home, you can open ssy accounts for all three children. At the same time, even if three children are born together, you can open an MSY account for all three daughters.
Official Banks for PM Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- There are a total of 28 banks authorized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana accounts. Users can open SSY account in any of the following banks and avail this scheme.
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India (CBI)
- Canara Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Bank of Maharashtra (BOM)
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Dena Bank
- Axis Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda (BOB)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM)
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB)
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
- Victory bank
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Syndicate Bank
Documents required to open an account Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photo of child and parent
- Girl child birth certificate
- Residence certificate
- PAN card Ration Card Driving License of any of the mother or fathe
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 terms and conditions
- Age to open account:- under Sukanya Samriddhi account, the girl child can be opened by the parent before the age of 10 years.
- Number of accounts:- only one account for a girl child can be opened through this scheme. Through this scheme, a separate account for a daughter cannot be operated by the mother and a separate account by the father.
- Number of family account holders-: only two daughters in a family can avail of this scheme.Number of account holders of a family in case of having twin daughters: if Twin or triplet daughters are born in a family, in this case more than 2 accounts can also be opened.
- Operation of the account:- the account holder is operated through the guardian of the account holder till he turns 18 years of age.
Procedure to transfer account through Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- Through this scheme, an account can be transferred from one post office to another post office or from one bank to another bank. If you want to transfer your account from one bank to another, then you must do the following-
- First of all, you have to go to the post office or to the Bank of your branch with your updated passbook and KYC related documents. Girls need not be present during the transfer.
- Now you have to submit the passbook and KYC documents of your Sukanya Samriddhi Account to your bank or at the post office. And the Post Office of your branch and the bank will have to inform you that you want to transfer your account.
- After this, the bank manager will close your account account from the Old Post Office or the bank and will give you the transfer request.
- With this transfer request, you will have to go to the new post office or bank account, where you want to transfer your account and there you will have to submit all the necessary documents.
- You need to submit KYC documents for proof of identity and address.
- You will then be given a new passbook in which your balance will be written.
- Now you can operate Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account with this new account.
How to download application form in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- All those who wish to avail the benefits of the welfare Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana of the central government have to follow the steps given below.
- First you have to download the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana application form.
- You can also get the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana application form from your nearest bank branch.
- After this, you have to enter all the necessary information in the application form and attach all the documents to the form.
- You have to submit the application form at the post office along with the documentation and related documents.